Tuesday, November 6, 2018

MANY HAPPY RETURNS

To tell you the truth, I'm having a feeling of foreboding as to the election results and it's not just from the thought of having to hear that election theme music over and over again. Neither is it because I didn't get any "I Voted" stickers with my mail-in ballot. It's actually from realizing that the voting will show even more of the America that I've seen over the last two years. You know the one  where one half won't vote, and the other half hasn't ever read The Constitution or a holy book that has a secret message or a better idea. The one where the races will be tight no matter how far apart they started, where the media will scramble for eight hours to find many different combinations of thoughts and words that mean the same thing, and of where you begin to prepare for the inevitable conversation as family and friends gather to fight over who gets the wishbone.







No comments:

Post a Comment